Supplier Management is key to Supply Chain Management Success. Post contract award significant value can be added or lost if a supplier is not managed effectively. The value created in a contract will not be delivered in full if Supplier Management is not effective – guaranteed!
This course will inform and educate delegates in the value and necessity of Effective Supplier / Contract management. We will concentrate on Supplier Performance Management (SPM), KPIs, SLAs, measures and control methods. We will move on to Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), understanding where this is appropriate and how additional value beyond the contract requirements can be extracted through working together with key Supplier partners.
Who Should attend?
All members of the Procurement and Supply Chain team; Other colleagues working through Contract Management together with key Contract related Stakeholders / Client Departments of the Procurement function.
For all delegates to:
- Understand the importance of Supplier / Contract Management
- Be familiar with the Procurement cycle and where Supplier Management fits
- Be equipped with the Supplier Performance Management (SPM) measurement tools and techniques to effectively manage Supplier performance
- Fully understand the Roles and Responsibilities of a Contract Manager
- Be able to effectively manage and mitigate Contract risk
- Have an understanding of the role and benefits of effective Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
Our trainers are all FCIPS / MCIPS qualified teachers who have extensive experience of Negotiations across numerous industries including Automotive, Retail, Food / FMCG, Finance to name but a few. Collectively our training team have delivered across all levels to hundreds of delegates, both domestic and Global, over the last decade.
The course will be extremely participative and exercise driven, with many relevant examples and anecdotes provided to bring practice and theory to life.
Benefits of Attending
Upon completion of this course every delegate will be able to:
- Fully Understand a and be able to explain the necessity for Supplier Management in Contract delivery success
- Be able to articulate the roles and responsibilities of a Contract Manager
- Fully understand Supplier Performance Management (SPM) and be able to apply the tools and techniques to manage suppliers’ performance effectively within their own Organisation
- Be able to eliminate / mitigate Risk in any Contract that they manage
- Be equipped with the tools and techniques to engage in Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) where appropriate, to extract additional value for their own Organisation from a strategic relationship or contract