Introduction to Category Management skills training - Why Attend?
An Introduction to Category Management.
Best practice Procurement will always align with a Procurement Category Management structure and strategy. This Introduction to Category Management course will provide all delegates with the tools and techniques to be able to develop and implement an effective Category Strategy.
Who Should attend?
- All levels of Procurement Professionals involved in Category Management, either as a learning experience or as a refresher on the principles and structure of Category Management.
- Other non Procurement employees from across the organisation who are interested in Category Management and how it delivers added value. This course is particularly useful for Sales and Marketing practitioners to help them understand professional procurement which will support them to market and sell the organisations portfolio of products and/or services more effectively.
Introduction to Category Management Course Objectives
Introduction to Category Management Objectives:
- To introduce & explain the concept of Category Management
- To explore how Category Management maximises the Procurement opportunity within an Organisation.
- To introduce and explore how key market analysis tools and techniques can be utilised to develop a Category Strategy.
- To demonstrate how Category Management and working closely in partnership with an optimised Supplier base will deliver Competitive Advantage to your Organisation.
- To equip and enable Procurement Professionals with the essential tools and frameworks to be able to develop an effective value adding Category Strategy.
Introduction to Category Management Training Methodology
Our Trainers are all FCIPS / MCIPS qualified teachers who have extensive experience of delivering best practice Category Strategies across numerous industries including Automotive, Finance, Food, Retail to name but a few.
This Introduction to Category Management course will be extremely participative, exercise driven with many relevant examples and anecdotes provided to bring best practice and theory to life.
Benefits of Attending
From this course every participant will be able to:
- Generate and deliver a comprehensive value adding Category Strategy
- Understand their category in detail, allowing them to extract additional value
- Engage comfortably with all internal and external stakeholders with regards to their long-term direction, aims and strategy for their category
- Utilise and apply a number of key environmental and market analysis / segmentation tools to their strategies
- Create and deliver a number of tangible objectives relating to their category