Introduction to Procurement- Why Attend?
This introduction to Procurement training course has been designed to aid anyone who would like to develop their knowledge of procurement procedures and improve their skills in the workplace, providing delegates with a range of tools and practical applications which are essential for an effective Procurement department.
On completion the delegate will have a broad understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the Procurement department.
Who should attend?
Delegates are welcome from across the organisation who would like to better understand the Procurement function, its systems and processes. In addition, how the Procurement department mitigates risk and creates value for the budget through compliance to EU Procurement Directives.
The objectives of the introduction to Procurement training course is to ensure that all delegates:
- Understand the role of Procurement in their Organisation and the role of Stakeholders in their effectiveness.
- Fully understand the Procurement cycle / Process and their role within it including where value can be added.
- Understand the varying types of Procurement and the requirements of the EU Procurement Directives.
- Be aware of Procurement choices including Tenders, Framework agreements, Mini Competitions, Dynamic Purchasing Systems etc.
- Understand their role post Contract award.
Our trainers are all FCIPS / MCIPS qualified teachers who have extensive experience of Procurement across numerous industries and within the Public and Private Sector. Collectively our training team have delivered across all levels to hundreds of delegates, both domestic and Global, over the last decade.
The introduction to Procurement training course will be extremely participative and exercise driven, with many relevant examples and anecdotes provided to bring practice and theory to life
Benefits of Attending
Upon completion of this course every delegate will be able to:
- Fully understand the role of Procurement, how it adds value and mitigates risk and where and how they can assist in this.
- Understand the importance of involving all stakeholders to ensure accurate specification development, giving Procurement the best chance of success.
- Gain knowledge of EU Procurement directives and how they work.
- Understand the types and methods of Procurement e.g. how Framework agreements and mini competitions work; Why a Tender exercise takes so long etc and how they can assist in selecting the optimum Procurement method for various situations.
- Understand how the right supplier is selected and their role and input to ensuring this takes place.
- Appreciate the need for effective Contract Management.