In the modern environment competitive advantage and value for money are achieved through effective and efficient procurement and supply chains. Procurement are the custodians of the Supply Chain, Supplier appraisal and selection.
Therefore it is critical that we undertake supplier selection diligently, encompassing the Triple Bottom Line, (People, Profit, Planet) sustainably sourcing from ethically sourced suppliers.
Additionally we must eliminate modern slavery from our supply chains and consider local, SME suppliers and embrace Social Value – all under the umbrella of Responsible Procurement.
Who Should attend?
All members of the Procurement Team and colleagues from any function who want / need to understand the risks and benefits of sourcing responsibly.
Delegates will be equipped with a range of models, tools & techniques to ensure that they are able to source and manage suppliers in an effective and responsible manner.
To gain knowledge & understanding and be able to apply the following when undertaking Responsible Sourcing:
- CSR – We need to ensure that our Values from our “Mission / Vision” are cascaded through the Supply chain and embedded with our Strategic Supply partners as a minimum.
- Triple Bottom Line (TBL) – Understand the importance of considering People, Profit and Planet when making sourcing decisions.
- Sustainable Sourcing – how to ensure the sustainability of your Suppliers and Supply Chains.
- Ethical Sourcing – Increase knowledge ensuring the prevention of modern slavery in your Supply Chains – making reference to the ILO, ETI, SA8000, Sedex and other ethical institutions and accreditations.
- Recognise the importance and benefits of sourcing from local suppliers & Small Medium Enterprises (SME’s) and the wider benefits to the organisation and its stakeholders that this could bring.
- Knowledge of how to generate Social Value from your contracts and how this benefits your Organisation and your Stakeholders.
Our trainers are all FCIPS / MCIPS qualified teachers who have extensive experience of Negotiations across numerous industries including Automotive, Retail, Food / FMCG, Finance to name but a few. Collectively our training team have delivered across all levels to hundreds of delegates, both domestic and Global, over the last decade.
The course will be extremely participative and exercise driven, with many relevant examples and anecdotes provided to bring practice and theory to life.
Benefits of Attending
Upon completion of this course every delegate will be able to:
- Engage and communicate with all Stakeholders effectively, from a position of knowledge, across all elements of Responsible Procurement
- Use knowledge, tools & techniques learned to source responsible & sustainable suppliers
- Ensure the protection of your Supply Chains from the utilisation of Supply Chain mapping tools and other key techniques
- Refer to and utilise a number of institutes and accreditations in your supplier discussions and appraisal and selection criteria