What is Procurement? Why do we need it? What possible Value can it add? The Procurement Police just slow us down!
This course will introduce delegates to the fundamentals of Procurement, demonstrating how Procurement done properly adds significant Value to an Organisation, with application of some key tools, techniques and processes.
Who Should attend?
This course is designed for delegates new to Procurement and also for Stakeholders who are interested to understand the necessity for a Procurement function in adding significant Value for an Organisation.
For all delgates to:
- Appreciate the need for an Organisation to have an effective Procurement function. To understand Procurement processes and good Governance.
- Be able to explain how Procurement can add significant value to an Organisation
- Understand every stage of the Procurement cycle, the role Procurement plays and how value is added.
- Learn and use a number of key Market Analysis tools to understand a Category of spend.
- Appreciate the need for effective Supplier Management.
Our trainers are all FCIPS / MCIPS qualified teachers who have extensive experience of Negotiations across numerous industries including Automotive, Retail, Food / FMCG, Finance to name but a few. Collectively our training team have delivered across all levels to hundreds of delegates, both domestic and Global, over the last decade.
The course will be extremely participative and exercise driven, with many relevant examples and anecdotes provided to bring practice and theory to life.
Benefits of Attending
Upon completion of this course every delegate will be able to:
- Explain the role that Procurement plays in providing excellent Corporate Governance through its processes.
- Fully understand the Procurement cycle at every stage and how effective Procurement adds Value.
- Use a selection of Market Analysis tools effectively to fully analyse the market for a category.
- Appraise suppliers effectively utilising a number of key tools and techniques.
- Discuss in detail how Supplier Management adds and protects Supplier / Contract Value.