This course is designed to help existing negotiators to improve. Here we will review key tools and techniques relating to Negotiation preparation. More importantly delegates will obtain an understanding of the behavioural side of negotiations which is critically important to success.
This course will also provide delegates with a safe environment to practice their skills through a series of role play scenarios throughout the course duration.
Who Should attend?
- Existing negotitators who want to reflect, review, develop and improve.
- Procurement professionals to hone and improve their skills and for Sales and Marketing professionals to understand how the “other side” thinks and plans for both to understand each others’ perspectives.
- This course can be bespoked for an Organisation and delivered at the same time to their Procurement and Sales and Marketing teams for a meaningful and fun team building and educational course.
- To be skilled and practised in every element of the Procurement Cycle.
- To be able to recognise and apply varying Persuasion and Influencing techniques in different and sometimes challenging situations.
- To fully understand, use and recognise Conditioning as a key Negotiation tool.
- To understand Emotional Intelligence and gain an enhanced knowledge of their own Self Awareness and control their own emotions and those of others.
- To practice the key attributes of Skilled Negotiating in a safe environment.
Our tutors are all FCIPS / MCIPS qualified teachers who have extensive experience of Negotiations across numerous industries including Automotive, Retail, Food / FMCG, Finance to name but a few. Collectively our training team have delivered across all levels to hundreds of delegates, both domestic and Global, over the last decade.
Additionally our tutors are very well versed in the delivery and observation of role play scenarios. Constructive feedback from role plays will form some of the most important learning for delegates from this two day course which delegates will remember and gain from in the long term.
The course will be extremely participative and exercise driven, with many relevant examples and anecdotes provided to bring practice and theory to life.
Benefits of Attending
Upon completion of this course every delegate will be able to:
- Prepare and plan thoroughly and effectively for a negotiation
- Effectively use and recognise Persuasion and Influencing skills to potentially influence a negotiation to desired outcome.
- Have a good understanding of Emotional Intelligence and Self Awareness and how this can be used to positively influence a Negotiation.
- Practice all skills learned in a safe environment via a series of role plays to allow candidates to reflect, review and continuously improve.