London Calling! With phenomenal Global access, over 10 million inhabitants and a history second to none, London is truly a World Capital City. Whatever your interests be them Education, Politics, History, Music, Finance, Trade, Innovation – the list is endless, London will not disapoint as a host city to your Continued Professional Development.
Effective Global Sourcing & Procurement
Effective and innovative Global Sourcing and Procurement is absolutely critcal for an Organisation operating in todays ecomony. This 5 day program has been developed to ensure that Organisations can continuously gain market competitive advantage through the focused and thorough selection and management of long-term, high-performing and innovative Global Supply Chain partners.
Designed to equip and develop Procurement and Supply Chain practitioners with the skill set required to successfully source the right Global suppliers – the Suppliers who will make a critical difference for the Organisation both today and sustainably in the future.
Critical areas such as Negotiation in the global environment, global legal implications, global market analysis are given specific focus, along with the practical skills such as the ability to effectively present a business case to key stakeholders to support a global sourcing strategy encompassing Stakeholder management skills.
Effective global sourcing is critical in the modern environment. It is vital that highly trained, diligent, effective Procurement and Supply Chain professionals get this right! This program is designed to help them achieve it.
Who Should Attend?
Procurement, Purchasing and Supply Chain practitioners and professionals at all levels of the organisation will benefit enormously from this interactive and immersive program.
Other colleagues from across the Organisation with a keen interest in sourcing and effective management of a global supply base and Global contract management would also benefit from attending.
By the end of this program delegates will be able to:
- Determine viable opportunities for global sourcing and prepare a supporting business case.
- Be able to actively analyse and utilise tools to fully understand a global market place.
- Effectively manage stakeholders in successfully implementing a global sourcing strategy.
- Fully appreciate the importance of obtaining a cultural appreciation and understanding when sourcing globally.
- Effectively prepare and negotiate successfully with global suppliers.
- Balance technical and commercial requirements appropriately when sourcing and selecting a global supply base.
- Appreciate the potential for achieving organisational competitive advantage through the utilisation of excellent global supplier performance and relationship management.
Our tutors are all FCIPS / MCIPS* qualified teachers who have extensive experience of working with and developing global supply bases across numerous industries including Automotive, Retail, Finance, Food, Defence sector, and many others. Collectively our team have delivered courses, seminars and training programs to hundreds of delegates both globally and domestically in the UK over the past decade.
This course will be extremely participative, exercise driven with many relevant examples and anecdotes provided to bring practice and theory to life.
* FCIPS / MCIPS – Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
Determine Business Needs, the Specification, Terms & Conditions
- Determine the Business needs – do we need to go Global?
- Defining the Specification for a Global supply base
- Determining the essential Terms & Conditions
Global Supply Market Analysis and Preparing for a visit
- Global Supply Market Analysis
- Preparing and arranging a Supplier(s) visit
Supplier Appraisals & balancing technical and commercial requirement
- Understanding Culture in advance
- Balancing Technical and Commercial criteria
Global Contract Negotiation
- Phases of a global negotiation
- Preparation, Objective setting, Negotiation variables, Terms & Conditions, Commercial Requirement
- Terms & Conditions – Logistics, Packaging , Labelling
- Testing and moving
- Agreement and finalisation
- Evaluation and review
Contract Award, Supplier Performance Management (SPM) and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Contract Award
- Supplier Management in the Procurement Cycle
- Global contract / Supplier Performance Management
- Global Supplier Relationship Management